Tuesday, December 11, 2012

TIES Conference

I'm just back from the TIES Conference, and in that "invigorated yet exhausted" stage. I feel like I have so much to share and I just can't wait to start!

I thought it was a tremendous conference! It began, for me, with a 3 hour pre-conference session on Saturday where I presented my "Top Ten Tech Tools for Elementary Teachers". Monday morning's keynote, Simon Sinek, drove home the point that education can't be done by technology: it has to be done by teachers, and that relationships are one of the crucial pieces of the puzzle.

Crammed in the middle were two busy days with excellent presenters, a large vendor hall, a great time out with many of the Sartell attendees, (a lot of coughing), and a final session which Leslie Conery and I presented. Speaking with Leslie was a pure delight! It reminded me of those few times I've danced with a man who lead so well I had no trouble following and who left me actually feeling like a dancer and not a person with two left feet. It felt good.

I'm still putting together my big take-aways from the conference, but I am excited to share them with you - so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment